Smart Capsule ( Elipse Balloon)
The smart capsule is the latest technology developed for weight loss for food lovers, overweight people, and those who fear surgeries and endoscopy. It takes 10 minutes to install the capsule, in which the smart capsule is swallowed with a glass of water without any pain, anesthesia, or endoscopy. Afterward, the patient can go home directly.
Let us get to know the smart capsule, its price, who the ideal patients for installing the smart capsule are, whether it is permanent or not, and what is the difference between it and the gastric balloon?
What is the ELIPSE smart capsule?
The Elipse smart capsule is the first balloon in the world for weight loss, which is placed in the stomach and removed without the need for surgery, endoscopy, or anesthesia.
It is swallowed with a glass of water and then pumped with a sterile solution that helps it swell into a balloon and occupy a space within the stomach, which helps a person feel full after eating less food than before inserting the capsule, as well as helps a person lose excess weight.
What is the duration of the process of installing the smart capsule?
It cannot be called an operation as it is only a 10-minute session, in which the smart capsule is inserted during a short visit without hospitalization.
Steps to install the smart capsule for weight loss:
- At first, the patient swallows a capsule attached to a thin tube.
- Checking the arrival of the capsule within the stomach.
- Filling the capsule with a special liquid through the thin tube attached to the balloon.
- Gently extracting the tube.
After 4 months, the balloon is completely dissolved and then excreted through the digestive system with the waste.
The Elipse balloon helps you to achieve your weight-loss goals without feeling hungry as it gives you a feeling of fullness, which helps you to eat less without feeling the hunger that accompanies most diets, which also removes the need for snacks in between main meals
How much weight can be lost with the smart capsule?
- The smart capsule allows you to lose 10 – 20 kg of your weight within four months.
- The Elipse balloon comes with a smart scale that allows you to track your weight, body fat, muscle mass, bone mass, and belly fat.
- 80% of the weight loss occurs during the first 3 months with the smart capsule ingestion.
- 90% of participants are satisfied with the weight loss using the Elipse balloon
Is there a difference between the smart capsule and the gastric balloon?
Of course, there are many differences, the most important of which are:
- The Elipse balloon or smart capsule process is performed without an endoscope, surgery, or anesthesia.
- The gastric balloon is installed using an endoscope and general anesthesia. The stomach balloon must be removed using the endoscope.